The weekly “little of this, little of that” feature here at Like Mother, Like Daughter!
Going on thirty-three weeks! (Updated to say: I actually am 33 weeks today. This photo was taken a few days ago, hence the “going on.”)
This is the point of my pregnancy at which I start to hear, “Oh! So when are you due – must be soon!?” (Well… “soon” is a relative term.) “Oh, it’s just your jacket… that makes you look…”
Characterized by a significant protrusion? Heavily forward-oriented? …Big? Yep. And that’s sweet of you but no, it’s not the jacket. I know I have a torpedo belly. We don’t need to pretend otherwise.
In the photo above, I am standing with my best posture and engaging my core. And somehow photos always make my appearance look a little less… precarious than it looks in person. Yesterday, another brother of mine went ahead and told me – through his loving laughter when he saw me enter the room – that I look like a “low-budget film depiction of a pregnant lady.” I keep reading these pregnancy update emails that are reminding me, “this is the time of greatest growth for your baby. Your baby will grow by about half a pound every week from now until birth!” He. He.
This week’s links! Just miscellany for you today:
- Part of any event is preparing for that event — this post reminds us of the old church’s way of preparing the faithful for Lent, gently…
- A short blog post from a priest about the “priesthood of Mary,” a reflection on the question of male and female: Feminine Priesthood.
- A cute little video about how kids in a British school are growing and improving their behavior after the introduction of a goat club (yes, real goats).
- If you have access to flowers and washi tape, you could do this cute, quick Valentine’s Day decoration!
- An interesting reflection on the way that judgment, rather than dialogue, is built into our social networks. I just think it’s always helpful to be thinking about the effect of new means of communication. Thanks, Lisa!
From the Archives:
- About this time four years ago, I was announcing Finnabee’s existence here on the blog!
- The Second Sunday of St. Joseph is tomorrow! Read an old blog post about the Seven Sundays Devotion.
- What Should a Family Room Look Like?
In the Liturgical Year:
- Today we celebrate Our Lady of Lourdes!